Semi-buried transmission line

From: <w7el_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 16:59:29 -0800

I've been modeling a Beverage antenna with NEC-4 and it shows the current
falling off more slowly than actual antenna measurements indicate. As an
experiment, I then added a buried wire under the antenna, making a
resistively-terminated transmission line in which one conductor is buried in the
ground and the other suspended an equal distance above it. (The result was
similar to the original Beverage.)

It seems that the case of a transmission line half buried in a lossy half-space
might be something which has been studied analytically. It would be interesting
to compare the results of an analytical study with those given by NEC-4. Does
anyone know of any papers on this topic?

Thanks,

Roy Lewallen