Re: Comparison for diffrent nec2 programs.

From: <bergervo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 18:45:06 +0100 (MET)

Some time ago I put a version of NEC2D on the net (in Ray Andersons ftp
directory at netcom). This may be one of the versions Peter is referring
to in his message below, because it does have the problems mentioned.

I could upload a newly compiled version without these problems. Questions:

  1 Is anybody interested?
  2 Are there any objections
  3 Where on the web should it be (netcom?, ACES page?, my page?)
  4 How big should it be?

The last question refers to the following trade-off:
   300 segments capability will only run in about 2MByte RAM (or more)
   500 segments requires c. 5MByte, 970 segments 16M, etc.
   This must be a fixed choice before compilation (for the younger
   readers: imagine there's no alloc, malloc, allocate or whatever)

386 processor or higher required anyway.

Greetings,
Jos

----
    Jozef R. Bergervoet              Electromagnetism and EMC
    Philips Research Laboratories, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    E-mail: bergervo_at_prl.philips.nl      Phone: +31-40-742403