Help with patches.

From: Peter Richeson <richesop_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:49:54 -0600 (CST)

I am just starting to _try_ to use patches. Will some one please explain a
couple of things for me:

1) For an arbitrary patch shape, how does the program know what shape to use.
Looking at the example it looks like it knows where other patches are and
conforms.

SP 0 0 10 0 7.3333 0. 0. 38.4
SP 0 0 10 0 0. 0. 0. 38.4
SP 0 0 10 0 -7.3333 0. 0. 38.4

forms 3 patches I assume square. But that does not agree with the circumference.
If you have 12 patches around the circumference each patch width should be
approx. 26 (314.15/12 patches). Do I use this and the area to come up with the
hight? Or going at it from the other way. Assuming a width of 26 (for each
pathc) and I need an overall hight of 4.5(divided by 3 patches = 1.5) to get
an area of 39 (I rounded the numbers).

GM 0 1 0. 0. 30.

rotats 30 deg. No problem.

SP 0 0 6.89 0. 11. 90. 0. 44.88
SP 0 0 6.89 0. -11. -90. 0. 44.88

Creats the top and bottom patch. How did it know to not create a full wedg? How
did it know where to make the patch corrners?

GR 0 6

Create the rest of the cylindrical structure. No problem

SP 0 0 0. 0. 11. 90. 0. 44.89
SP 0 0 0. 0. -11. -90. 0. 44.89

These are realy square according to the docs. Do they overlap the other
patches?

forgive me if these are basic questions but I have not used patches before.

--
.     (o o)