propose list of available NEC2 executables

From: David de Schweinitz <dave.des_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 11:10:20 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Stanley Lim Hock Hin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would be interested to see NEC2D on the net. But it seems to me like
> NEC2D required more RAM than NEC2. Is it true? If this is true, what is
> the benefit has it to offer over NEC2?

As I'm sure many people have responded, NEC2D handles more segments in
memory. I think that there are also a couple of differences in the input
files that each executable can read.

This points out the need for a good master list of available executables.
I have NEC2D and another executable that someone generously sent me that
does up to 500 segments in 5 meg or so of memory. I would really like a
few more executables that would be more appropriate for faster machines
with more memory, but don't have access to a good compiler. I would be
glad to donate disk space on my web site for one or two executables.
Perhaps someone could crank out a few using the same compiler (Lahey seems
to work well whatever works best) that reads the same input files.
Ideally, I'd like 4 or 5 executables that I could call from a batch file
that would use just the amount of memory needed for each run. If someone
creates several executables, then they could be spread around the available
disk space around the net and linked together with a good standardized
description.

                Dave <dave.des_at_metronet.com>

                        http://www.metronet.com/~dave.des