Modeling N4KG-fed vertical

From: Pete Smith <n4zr_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 09:57:31 -0800

Another newbie question: How would I set up the NEC model of what is
referred to in ham circles as an N4KG-fed HF vertical? Physically, this
consists of a grounded tower with or without top-loading from antennas. One
connects the coax feedline's center conductor to 4 x 1/4 wave elevated
horizontal radials, which meet at but are insulated from the tower. The
shield of the coax is attached to the tower at that height, which is
determined such that the part of the tower above the connection is an
electrical quarter-wave at the operating frequency.

I don't have any trouble describing the physical layout of conductors, but
how do I feed them?

Thanks!

73,

Pete N4ZR (n4zr_at_ix.netcom.com)