Re: dielectric loading

From: Robert Haviland <bobh_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 10:36:05 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Stanley Lim Hock Hin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am aware of the fact that nec2 is incapable of model antenna with dielectric
> Thanks.
>
> Stanley
> -------

The only program I know of which will handle insulation on wires is one
by Richmond of Ohio state. It is available on paper as a NASA document in
any NASA repository library. Adler of the Navy Post Graduate School has
extended this program to include reflection coeff. real earth.

I am preparing a CD ROM with these and most other antenna design and
analysis which are available. It should be out soon. But if you need such
capability in a hurry, let me know by e-mail.

Incidently, the technique in the NASA paper is perfecctly general, and
the two routines involved could be added to NEC-2.
Bob Haviland, W4MB