Re: Propagation Book List

From: <JSchanker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 23:31:49 -0500

I heartily agree with Scott Townley's choices of "my favorite propagation
books."

Add to the list one of my other favorites:

P. David and J. Voge, Propagation of Waves, Pergamon Press, London, 1968
This is the English Translation of the French original "Propagation des
Ondes."
It covers LF through microwave and is both rigorous and useful. Put it high
on the list.

The full details on the book by Braun are:

Gerhard Braun, Planning and Engineering of Shortwave Links, 2nd ed., John
Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester, 1986 (ISBN 0 471 90868 1) Apparently this is
jointly published with Siemens.

More readable, but less comprehensive - being aimed at hams, with lots of
emphasis on computer programs like IONCAP is:

George Jacobs, Theodore Cohen, Robert Rose, The New Shortwave Propagation
Handbook, CQ Communications Inc., Hicksville, 1995.

Another note is that my copy of the books by Davies and by Kerr are Dover
paperback reprints. Perhaps they are still available from Dover Publications
if anyone wants them (and everyone _should_ have them).

I have a feeling I've forgotten something, but wanted to get this post in
while the topic is being discussed.

Jacob Z. Schanker, P.E.
(W2STM)

p.s. Dave: Should I be addressing posts to you, or to the nec-list ?