Re: Q: Favorite Antenna Texts?

From: <JSchanker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 18:15:42 -0500

 Brian C. Wadell wrote:
>Not really an NEC question but an antenna question. What are your favorite
>antenna texts and why?
>
>Regards,
>
>BCW

Here are some antenna books not already mentioned by others.

A real gem is a thin volume by Weeks:
W.L. Weeks, Antenna Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1968

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Schelkunoff books:
Sergei A. Schelkunoff and Harald T. Friis, Antennas Theory and Practice, John
Wiley & Sons, New York, 1952
Sergei A. Schelkunoff, Advanced Antenna Theory, John WIley & Sons, New York,
1952

Another classic is:
King, Mimno & Wing, Transmission Lines, Antennas and Wave Guides, Dover
Publications, New York, 1965 (A reprint of 1945 McGraw-Hill original)

A book with original material (much of it empirical) on really small antennas
is:
Fujimoto, Henderson, Hirasawa & James, Small Antennas, Research Studies
Press/John WIley & Sons, 1987

It's been my experience that non-US, especially Russian, books often have
unique information not found in the standard US texts. My selection is:
A.Z. Fradin, Antenno-Federneye Oostroyctva, (roughly translates as
"Antenna-transmission line systems") Eezdatyelstvo Svyaz, Moskva, 1977 (The
transliteration from the Russian is mine, so no guarantee that it's
"standard")

Jacob Z. Schanker, P.E.