Combining fields from multiple wires.

From: Peter Richeson <richesop_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 1996 09:23:25 -0600 (CST)

This is not exactly a NEC question but is does have to do with predicting
fields.

I have modeled a wire and excited it with a plane wave and printed the currents.
I want to use the results of the first model ( the currents ) as the driving
force for the second. The second is a wire above a ground plane. What current
should I use, Max, Min. Avg. Avg +3sigma.

Now that I have the current and have calculated the near fields, how do you
combine the fields from several (10 to 20 not in phase) wires. The wires are
spread out around the perimeter of a cylinder roughly 4 meters in diam. and 8
meters long.

The answer I like is use the average current, field and use RMS to sum the wires.
 But I want to use the correct answer not the one that gives me the answer I
want.

This problem is on a short fuse, so a prompt responce will be greatly
appreciated.

--
.     (o o)