PCB modeling

From: <k.see_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 09:15:46 GMT

My research work is modeling of PCB for radiated EMI analysis. I understand that NEC codes are mainly for modeling wire antennas or surface patches. I think it will not be suitable for modeling PCB with very thin trace backed by a finite size substrate.

Therefore, I intend to model the PCB using MoM. The closer strutures that I can think of to model simple PCB is microstrip antenna. However, I have problem to include voltage source and terminating load in the MoM modeling.

Appreciate anyone experience in the modeling of PCB to give advice.

By the way, anyone knows the email address of Roger Harrington (the author of Field Computation by Moment Methods) ?

Regards,

K. Y. See
Research Student
Energy & Electromagnetic Section