NEC2 Benchmarks & SGI

From: chuck adams <adams_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:44:44 GMT

John brought up question of SGI workstations and how NEC2
does on them. I'll be glad to see what I can do. I am
an instructor at SGI and have access to all platforms.
I personally have a 4x200MHz RE2 at my desk. :-)
I have NEC2 running on my system here at work and an
Indy at home. I assume that there is a table of vendors
and times somewhere or someone is working on same.

I'm working on generating the manuals for NEC2 from the
NOSC docs for which I paid the $133 current going price.
I have started with the .html files on the web site and
have added a lot of the missing components. Since I am
a graphics instructor at SGI, I have started redoing the
graphics, generating .gif files from same, and will
include same in the above manuals. I'd like to make sure
that I give credit where credit is due for previous work,
so if you had anything to do with the above .html work,
let me know. I'll put you in the manual. I had sent to
Peter a partial copy to see if the work would help anyone.

I am using TeX, which I had ported to the SGI system
years ago, and generating PostScript output. This means that
the equations will look as good as or better than the
originals and I will put the completed PostScript files
at desired ftp sites.

In order not to duplicate work in progress, is anyone
have any work done on Part I: Program Description - Theory?
It's not that I have that much spare time. :-) Maybe we
could form a team to do the work? We can say we've read
every word in the manuals when we get done.

Thanks.

--
Chuck Adams (K5FO CP-60)  adams_at_sgi.com
Box 181150, Dallas, TX  75218-8150