How to Model a Transmission Line?

From: Omid <omid_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 12:15:51 +0900

Hello and good morning everybody:

Could someone advise me "how to write nec input file for the
folllowing configuration?" Thanx in advance.
The statement of problem is simple:-) A plane wave excite a unifor
transmission line(TL) of finite size. I want to plot the amplitude and
phase of the current at Y=0(induced in R1 due to external wave) as a
function of azimuth angle PHI (0.:360.) for the two principle
polarizations:
a) parallel polarization: E_Theta[0.,Ey,Ez]
b) perpendicular polarization E_Phi[Ex,0.,0.])
NT. The line is situated above a Perfect Ground and a 1 V/m plane
wave is impinging onto it at a fixed angle of incidence, 45deg.

E^inc=(1V/m f=1.5GHz(Lambda=20.cm)), Incidence angle,fixed, Theta=45deg
           | wire Radius=.25mm
 - |==========================|
 ^ | | |Z
 | | | R1=50 ohm R2=R1 | | |
 h=3mm |_| |_| o--->Y
 - ---------------------------------> <---Perfect counducting ground
           |<----------L=20cm---------| Y
          Y=0. Y=L

I did some laboratory exprt. for few configurations (uniform TL and
non-uniform TL). An example of 1st. configuration is described in Fig.
Unfortounately, i don't possess NEC2 Manuals and am not sure how to
model the load impedances in a distributed form. I could however
write some of the input nec lines but not sure about LD,EX and RP.

Please e-mail me at <omid_at_whistler.ee.uec.ac.jp>. btw this is my 1st
mail to this list and am not sure if it is appropriate to this list or
not.

rgds. Omid
--------