Re: A multilayered array of patch antennas

From: Dave Michelson <davem_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 15:34:49 -0700 (PDT)

HAMMAD OSAMA A wrote:

> Thank you all who answered my questions regarding multilayered array of
> patch antennas. I inquired about ENSEMBLE. It is a software based on solving
> an MPIE (Mixed Potential Integral Equation) using method of moments to
> find the current distribution, which will of course pave the way to
> finding the radiation patterns and other antenna parameters.

Duncan Baker mentioned that an "educational version" of ENSEMBLE is
available. According to an advertisement on p. 89 of the February
issue of IEEE Antennas and Propagation magazine (which finally arrived
yesterday!), that product is called PRELUDE. A site license for
academic teaching is available for $599.

In the same issue on p. 99, Zeland Software (Fremont. CA) advertises
IE3D, a full-wave EM simulator capable of modelling "multi-layered
microstrip antennas with various feed schemes", among other things.

--
Dave Michelson                             University of British Columbia
davem_at_ee.ubc.ca                              Radar Remote Sensing Group