1030 segment test case

From: Christopher Smith <CSMITH_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 17 May 96 15:50

I ran the 1030 segment test case posted by John Boyer on a single precison
version of NEC2, compiled with SVS fortran 77 and run on a 133 MHz Pentium.
The fill time was 49 sec, factor time was 333 sec and total time was 387
sec. Of course, double precision might be two to four times slower (I
haven't tried it yet).

My question is, what are some of the "correct" answers? If someone could
post a drive point impedance, and a field point, I would like to see if
double precision is needed in this case. (I found drive point impedances of
138.6 -j164.4 and a maximum gain of 11.18dB at theta=90, phi=308.)

I suspect double precision is not needed in most cases.

Chris Smith
csmith_at_delfin.com