Re: LD data card for NEC-2D

From: Joseph Finnerty <jdf112_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 02:09:44 -0400

Hello,

Just what exactly are you trying to do?

The LD card has three major functions. These three
functions allow you to apply conductivity to a wire or place
an impedance/RLC network on a segment.

The basic format of the card is:

LD TYPE TAG SEG1 SEG2 R L C

For the types:

-1 short all loads
0 series RLC (units are ohms, henries, and farads)
1 Parallel RLC (units are ohms, henries, and farads)
2 Series RLC (units are ohms/meter, henries/meter, and farads/meter)
3 Parallel RLC (units are ohms/meter, henries/meter, and farads/meter)
4 Impedance R contains the resistance L contains the reactance (units are
ohms)
5 Wire Conductivity R contains the conductivity (units are mhos/meter)

The basic format for the frequency card is as follows:

FR Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Field6

Field1 linear or multiplicative stepping 0 = linear 1 = multiplicative
Field2 # of frequency steps
Field3 not used "0"
Field4 not used "0"
Field5 Starting Frequency in Megahertz
Field6 Stepsize (dependent on Field 1)

The following line sweeps 10 frequencies starting at 500 MHz
and going in steps of 1 MHz.

FR 0 10 0 0 550 1

There is a possiblity that the version of NEC2 that you are
using has bugs. There are many different versions of the
code floating around on the net.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Joe Finnerty