NEC timing

From: Ed Miller <emiller_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 08:42:27 -0700

Jerry Burke sent me the following data concerning the latest reports on
NEC/MININEC Pro runs. I thought that he might send this data to the list,
but since it hsn't appeared, I'm taking the liberty of doing that myself.

Ed Miller

Burke's results for NEC/MININEC Pro timing.
"I just got an e-mail from the MININEC distributors . . . who quote the timing
results from Ray Anderson at Sun to show that MININEC on a 133 MHz
Pentium is twice as fast as NEC-2 on a Sun UltraSparc2. Ray has since
found that he had a sick version of NEC. The total times for Boyer's
1030 segment benchmark are now

MININEC 133 MHz Pentium 234 sec.
Mac 8100/80 80 MHz 223 sec.
Mac 8500/120 135 sec.
UltraSparc2 167 MHz (NEC of unknown origin) ~530 sec.
UltraSparc2 167 MHz (1 processor) 88 sec.
UltraSparc2 167 MHz (2 processors) 58 sec.

Jerry Burke"