Re: measured vs. calculated parameters

From: Joseph Finnerty <jdf112_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 02:21:09 -0400

I agree with the following e-mail. Although timing tests are
useful for speed comparisons, a test on the convergence of the
various codes would seem in order.

It really doesn't matter if NEC2 is faster than MININEC or vice-versa if
the results obtained by either code are inaccurate.

Also, I agree with L.B. Cebik that CPU speed is not the only
important factor. Such things as number of unknowns calculated
in core, PCI or local bus....etc are needed for true comparisons.

Joe Finnerty
jdf112_at_psu.edu
Paragon Technology