Re: NEC 2 VS "THE REAL WORLD"

From: Pete Soper <psoper_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 16:32:27 EDT

Dave, N0DH/7 writes:

> model when compared to a reference dipole and vertical. By "performs
> very close" I mean that the gian, front to back and 2:1 SWR bandwidths
> are all very close to what the model predicts. The only problem I have
> is that the antenna is resonant at 6900 khz instead of the "design
> frequency" of 7050 khz.

        Did you put the antenna at the same height as in the model?
What about ground conductivity and dialectric values: do you think those
are accurate? Insulation on the wire by chance? Any other conductive
objects close by?
        I recently made a 10 meter turnstile the same way you described,
modeling the heck out of it and then building it to spec. It came out
exactly right, with 50 ohm resistive feed centered on 29.6mhz (for local
FM too). This was using EZNEC, which also uses an NEC2 engine.

Best Wishes,
Pete
KS4XG