Correction..Modeling flat conductors

From: Joseph Finnerty <jdf112_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 19:32:30 -0400

Yesterday I posted an equation for obtaining the equivalent radius
for a flat conductor. It turns out I made a mistake when typing out
the equation. The effective radius was supposed to be divided by two.
The correction has been made in the following:

first get

perimeter = 2(strip height + strip width)

then

area = (strip height)(strip width)

then to get the effective radius use the above in
the following

eff. radius = ((sqrt(area/PI) + (perimeter/(2*PI)))/2)

This equation was taken from a short course handbook on wire antenna
modeling. The short course was given at the 1994 ACES convention by
James Breakall, Richard Adler, and Jerry Burke.

Sorry if the mistake caused any inconveniences.

Joe Finnerty
Bell Lab's
finn_at_mhcnet.cnet.att.com