NEC space between wires and other related questions.

From: Robert A. Johns, Jr. <BOBJOHNSJR_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 19:40:15 +0900

Dear NEC users,

        I have run into problem with NEC-2 for DOS. If anyone has any
suggestions or help with the following problems, your comments would be
greatly appreciated.

1. The antenna I am modeling has element or wire spacing which is
closer than the wire length to wiring spacing allowed for in the
unaltered version of NEC2. I have however modified the fortran code to
allow for the required spacing. I am simply wondering if anyone else has
encountered this as a limitation, and what was done to solve it.

2. The antenna being modeled consist of two helixes. One contained
inside the second with oposite directions of winding. The overall length
of the helix is much greater than the diameter of the helix resulting in
an antenna which looks like a quater wave verticle. Not enough time or
space to go into reson for design. PROBLEM: There is a dielectric
material between the inner and outer helix. I have tried to simulate
this by connecting capacitors between the inner and outer wires at
various distances along the length with out much luck. Again the wire
spacing limitation gets in the way. Both inner and outer are driven by
the same source. Has anyone had experience with simulating a dielectric
between wires?

Thank you for your help,

        Bob J.