Benchmarks/uneven ground

From: Mark Jordan-Transmission <mark.jordan_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: 08 Oct 96 16:12:14 GMT

I am trying to establish how workstations, HP, Sparc etc (about which I
know nothing) compare with PC's in terms of number crunching. The only
problem I know that has been run on both is John Boyers NEC bench mark.
The bench marking debate is now a bit old hat, but these results might
still be of interest to some.

Compaq Intel Pentium 166, 256 kB Writeback cache, 16 Mbytes of EDO Ram
and 32 Mbytes of FPM Ram, completed John Boyers Benchmark in 344 seconds.
NEC2 single precision compiled using the University of Salford FTN77
compiler.

On a different note, has anybody done any work on;
 a) Modelling HF antennas over uneven ground?
 b) Modelling HF antennas over very dry ground with a well defined water
table some distance below the surface (15 metres)

Mark Jordan
A/Senior Engineer
Masts & Antennas Section
BBC Transmission

Tel : +44 (0)1926 416258
Fax : +44 (0)1926 416275

E-Mail mark.jordan_at_bbc.co.uk

CM
CM
CM
CM
CE
GW33,20,.0,-.025,.28,.0,-.025,-.89,.004,
GM1,2,0.,0.,0.,0.,.025,0.,33.,
GM1,5,0.,0.,0.,-.025,0.,0.,35.,
GM5,1,0.,0.,0.,.0,-.05,0.,36.,
GW49,25,.14,0.,-.19,.14,0.,.19,0.014,