NEC-LIST: Survey of CEM Tool Users

From: Lloyd Alexander <l.alexander_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:00:40 -0500

        Survey of Computational Electromagnetics Tool Users

                    http://www.auragen.com/icemes

The ICEMES (Intelligent Computational ElectroMagnetics Expert System)
Development Team is sponsoring a technical survey to establish the
state-of-the-art in the application of advanced Computational
Electromagnetics (CEM) tools by commercial industry. ICEMES is a
sophisticated software pre-processor that is being designed to speed
up and simplify many tasks associated with doing advanced
electromagnetics analysis and testing.

The survey is being conducted in conjunction with research funded by
the US Air Force. ACES and IEEE/EMC are helping to distribute the
survey by including links to this site on their web pages. By
exploring the needs and wants of potential users of advanced CEM
analysis tools, we intend to compile information about:

 * the rate of adoption of advanced CEM analysis tools by different
   segments of commercial industry
 * external trends and influences that will accelerate/retard the
   adoption of CEM analysis
 * suitability of currently available CEM software to the needs of
   commercial industry
 * directions of improvement in CEM tools.

Note: When the survey is complete, both ACES and IEEE/EMC will receive
a summary of the results. However, ACES and IEEE/EMC are not
sponsoring or endorsing either this survey or ICEMES.

By taking 10-15 minutes to complete our survey, you will benefit in
two ways. First, we will report a summary of the survey results back
to you, giving you important information about industry trends in the
use of advanced CEM tools. Second, your feedback will help to create
better CEM tools, which will help you to do your work better, faster,
and more easily.

All survey responses will be kept entirely confidential. Your
individual response will be merged into an anonymous responses
database. We will not attribute any published responses to you, or to
your company. We also will keep your identity strictly confidential,
will NOT provide any information to be used for telemarketing, or sold
or rented to junk-mail list compilers.

You can find the survey at the ICEMES home page,
http://www.auragen.com/icemes. Also posted is a technical paper
describing ICEMES in more detail. If you have any difficulties with
the survey, comments you'd like to make that don't fit in the survey
format, or other questions about any of this, please e-mail them to
ISGSurvey_at_AOL.com.

Many thanks for your help & input. See you on the web!

Lloyd Alexander
Innovation Strategy Group
801-273-0760