Re: NEC-LIST: Linear loading

From: Jeffrey Pawlan <jpawlan_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 14:01:51 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Dr. Warren H. Ziegler wrote:

> Hello;
>
> Has anyone attempted to model a linearly loaded antenna with NEC?
> Are there any limitations to modelling closely spaced parallel wires?
> Also, what is the easiest to use version of NEC available for the pc
> environment (Pentium/Windows 95). By easy to use I mean some sort of
> graphical interface, and perhaps a spreadsheet for entering data.
>
> Many Thanks;
> Warren Ziegler
> WZiegler_at_ix.netcom.com

I can tell you from experience that I was unsuccessful in getting a
trustworthy result from NEC2 when I modeled a linearly loaded antenna.

The two pc versions that include fine GUIs are:

Brian Beesley's NEC for Yagis and NEC for Wires

and

Roy Lewallen's EZNEC

Each has its pluses and minuses as far as the features and interface is
concerned. Both are using the NEC2 code.

73s,
Jeffrey Pawlan
WA6KBL