NEC-LIST: Axial mode helical antenna

From: Brian Austin <ee104_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 15:11:53 GMT

Thanks to all who contributed to this discussion: many
useful comments and suggestions. I subsequently
found a most useful reference of a very extensive NEC-
based study of this antenna, including detailed graphical
plots plus confirmation that the Kraus gain equation
over estimates the gain by a good few dB. The details are:

D.Emerson, "The gain of an axial-mode helix antenna", in
The ARRL Antenna Compendium, vol 4, ARRL, 1995, pp.
64-68.

Gerry Burke's plots of computed patterns and their comparison
with measured results in the latest ACES Newsletter made my student
and me feel a lot happier because they look just like the results
which we computed and thought were wrong!

Brian Austin