NEC-LIST: Re: V log periodic excitation

From: Andre Fourie <fourie_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 28 10:02:12 1996

"A. George Lottes NF5W" <lottes_at_gte.net> asked at end of his message:

> Now all I need to to know is how to excite a V shaped Log Periodic.

We have had similar problems and found the best technique is to excite both
center segments (either side of the apex). Also use two TL cards between each
pair of elements of the log-p with Z0 of the line equal to double the actual
characteristic impedance and normal -1 parameter to indicate line inversion
(also connected to the two segments on either side of the V-apex). The final
input impedance will than also be half of the one computed at the two
feedpoints due to them being in series.

This should work provided that my series/parallel etc is logical.

Regards
Andre Fourie