NEC-LIST: General comments on MM formulations/ Solutions

From: <dchatterjee_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 12:38:24 -0600 (UTC -06:00)

  Greetings !

  I was going thru' the paper

  E. H. Newman, ``An Overview of the Hybrid MM/Green's Function
  Method in Electromagnetics,'' Proc. IEEE, pp. 270-282, March 1988.

  In that paper, Fig. 10 is probably (in my opinion) the answer to
  the future of CEM technology (if that is the right word). Briefly,
  the results therein suggest that there is a tremendous scope for
  use of asymptotic techniques in CEM. It is however implied that
  `asymptotic' in CEM means GTD/UTD formulations - diffraction
  coefficients for canonical surfaces and so on. But, this really
  is not the whole picture.

  I think that future research in CEM should also emphasize the use of
  asymptotic techniques, because it appears from what I read in the
  standard EM literature that very few researchers are interested in
  this aspect. The development of asymptotic Green's functions for
  several problems is maybe the key to the development of computationally
  efficient codes for the future.

  I just want to know that are there any orgs. to whom this aspect of
  CEM is important in their EM modeling work ?

  HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all EM-ers , and

  - warm regards,

  Deb Chatterjee

  Radar Systems and Remote Sensing Laboratory
  Room 322, Nichols Hall
  2291 Irving Hill Road
  Lawrence, KS 66045-2969

  tel: (913)864-7742
  fax: (913)864-7789
  e-mail: dchatterjee_at_kuhub.cc.ukans.edu