NEC-LIST: Multiple Ground Layers - How to Model?

From: Hare, Ed, KA1CV <ehare_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 15:58:00 -0500

I am running some near-field analysis of HF and VHF antennas over real
ground. "Real" ground, however, often has multiple levels -- a 0.1 m
layer of dry sand over a 3 m layer of moist sand over a water table of
brackish water, etc. Each of these would have a different set of
ground characteristics and would have a different effect on the ground
"reflection."

Has anyone found a way to handle this in NEC.2 or NEC.4? If you
respond to this list, I will see it; I am now subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Ed Hare, KA1CV,
ARRL Laboratory Supervisor