NEC-LIST: Memory constraints in NEC2

From: <jkeller_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:49:54 -0500

NEC Users,

I have been modelling resonators in NEC2 on an RS6000 IBM PowerPC
platform. The number of segments in my model has exceeded 600.

Now, each time I execute NEC, I notice four additional files created
in my directory...

fort.11
fort.12
fort.13
fort.14

I assume that NEC requires more memory than the computer can supply,
so I predict that NEC is creating these files for additional swapping
memory.

Can anyone confirm that this assumption is true ??

Does anyone know the maximum number of segments for this version of NEC2 ??

I am concerned that these files might indicate that NEC's output may
not be reliable.

Thanks,

Jeff