NEC-LIST: New User, Simple Questions

From: Lach, Bruce <Bruce.Lach_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:01:10 -0400

I am a new NEC-2 user, and am trying to model a few simple
configurations of wires for a field to wire calcuation. I am modeling a
wire over a perfect ground, with loads on the vertical risers on each
end. The wires are in the x-z plane. The incident field is a endfire
incident planewave, vertically polarized.

I have read the NEC manual, but am confused in two areas.

1. What are the proper values of values for the EX card: theta angle,
phi angle, and most importantly Eta angle? Figure 14 in the manual is
difficult to read.

2. On the LD card, I am confused about how to specify that the load is
on the segment in the middle of the vertical riser. Do I just specify
the LDTAG column, and leave LDTAGF and LDTAGT blank? Or is it better to
distribute the load over all the vertical segments?

Bruce Lach
GTE Government Systems, Taunton MA