NEC-WIN Pro , Antenna Gain modeling

From: Max Schmitt <mjschmit_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:56:37 -0700

I modeled a biconical dipole for 25 - 1000 MHz with very short dimensions
only 12 inches high. The power gain showed 1.03 dBi max. gain at 25 MHz!
The input impedance was only 0.2 ohms, which means very small radiation
resistance, i.e., efficiency. The power gain at 25 MHz should be
extremely small. How come the power gain at 25 MHz for a small antenna
still showed 1 dBi??

Even when I used directive gain, not power gain, I got the same results.
I modeled the antenna as a wire cage, 3.5 inch diameter. I remembered,
when I used ELNEC for similar models, I would obtain very small antenna
gains.

What is wrong, any answers to this problem?

Thank you,

Max Schmitt