NEC-LIST: Autocad to NEC Input File

From: Linda Russell <russelll_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 08:39:55 -0700

Hi Kelly,

I am the branch head of the Applied Electromagnetics Branch at the Space and
Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego. We have extensive experience using
NEC to model HF antennas on ships. In the past we have done analyses for
Coast Guard ships (such as the 120). We would be pleased to assist you.
Our resident expert in using AutoCAD with NEC is Lance Koyama (phone:
(619)553-3784, email:koyama_at_spawar.navy.mil). Please contact him.

We are now moving into using the next generation MOM code, EIGER. EIGER is
being developed by a consortium of Lawrence Livermore National Lab (same
people who developed NEC), Sandia Lab, and us. EIGER supports the analysis
and design of composite structures with installed/embedded electronic
systems. NEC-MOM does not have this capability. EIGER is not yet available
for distribution.

If you would like more information on our capabilities and the EIGER code
please let me know.

Sincerely,
Linda C. Russell
SPAWAR Systems Center, San Diego
(619) 553-6132

>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:18:34 -0400
>To: nec-list_at_ee.ubc.ca
>From: 1/c Kelly Seals <seals_at_cadetmail.uscga.edu>
>Subject: NEC-LIST: Autocad to NEC Input File
>Sender: davem_at_ee.ubc.ca
>
>I am in the process of trying find the best placement for HF antennas
>on a ship by modeling it in NEC. However, I now have the ship's
>profiles in Autocad and need to convert them to a NEC input file. I
>was wondering if you had any information that could help in this
>process or if you could direct me to those who would. Thank you very
>much for your time.
>
>Respectfully,
>Kelly Seals

Linda C. Russell
Head, Code D851, SPAWAR Systems Center, San Diego
Phone: (619) 553-6132
Fax: (619) 553-3791
Email: russelll_at_spawar.navy.mil **note the three l's in russelll