Re: NEC-LIST - RP Command

From: Joseph Finnerty <tech-support2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 22:38:11 -0500

The radial ground screen, linear cliff, and circular cliff specified
in the RP command work in conjunction with your choices for the GN
command. You HAVE to make sure to set both commands correctly.

The Radial wire ground screen implements a set of radial wires coming
out from the origin. This type of screen is generally used in
Broadcast antennas to simulate a perfect ground under the antenna.

I like to think of the linear cliff as an antenna on a cliff next to
the ocean. You can specify the dielectric and conductivity of the
cliff and salt water and how far apart they are.

The circular cliff works in much the same way only I visualize an
island instead of a cliff.

All of the above work with the far-field patterns.

I hope this helps.

Joseph Finnerty
Nittany Scientific, Inc.