Re: NEC-LIST: EM simulation of carbon fibers

From: Harold Sabbagh <has_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 98 11:04:13 EST

Yannick:

My colleagues and I at Sabbagh Associates, Inc., have written a number
of papers on electromagnetic interactions with advanced composites
(graphite fibers in an epoxy matrix), mostly in the context of
eddy-current nondestructive evaluation. The models are good for many
other applications, however. Here are some papers to start with:

H. A. Sabbagh, L. D. Sabbagh, and T. M. Roberts, ``An Eddy-Current
Model and Algorithm for Three-Dimensional Nondestructive Evaluation of
Advanced Composites,'' IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 24, No. 6,
November 1988, pp. 3201-3212.

S. Barkeshli, D. J. Radecki, and H. A. Sabbagh, ``On a linearized
inverse scattering model for a three-dimensional flaw embedded in
anisotropic composite materials,'' IEEE Trans. on Geoscience and
Remote Sensing, Vol. 30, No. 1, January 1992, pp. 71-80.

H. A. Sabbagh, L. D. Sabbagh, and J. R. Bowler, ``Validation of a
Model of Ferrite-Core Probes Over Composite Workpieces,'' 1988 IEEE
AP-S International Symposium, Volume III, pp. 1369-1372.

T. M. Roberts, H. A. Sabbagh, and L. D. Sabbagh, ``Electromagnetic
Interactions with an Anisotropic Slab,'' IEEE Transactions on
Magnetics, Vol. 24, No. 6, November 1988, pp. 3193-3200.

T. M. Roberts, H. A. Sabbagh, and L. D. Sabbagh, ``Electromagnetic
scattering for a class of anisotropic layered media,''
J. Math. Phys. 29(12), December 1988, pp. 2675-2681.

These papers make reference to some of our others, as well.

Good reading to you, and a Happy New Year.

Hal Sabbagh