Re: NEC-LIST: J-pole modeling, also LPVAs

From: Bill Hickey <hickeyb_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:41:31 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, Jim Eagleson wrote:

> > I'm also interested in whether anyone has been successful in modeling
> > J-poles,
> > -- KD6PAG (Networking Old-Timer, RF newbie)
>
> I believe the guys over at the Monterey Naval Post Graduate School
> played with both modeling and measuring J-poles some years ago. You

Try Dick Adler, he's part of ACES and on faculty at NPS. He did indeed
sponsor a thesis many years ago by Buzz Shaw on the J-Pole, before much of
the nec analysis capability was available on micros. Buzz's thesis
generated j-pole designs for 2m, 10m, and 20m for sure, and may have had
some other ones in there too. I have a copy of the thesis somewhere
around here if there are some specific questions.

Bill
WA5FXE