Re: NEC-LIST: Portland Group's F77 and HPF compilers for Linux

From: Steve Inge <sringe_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 20:11:09

At 12:08 PM 1/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone tried compiling any version of NEC with the Portland
>Group's F77 or HPF (F90) compilers for Linux? With or without
>success? I get long execution times and meaningless results, so I'd
>like to know if it's just me before I discuss it with the company.

I have used the FORTRAN 77 that is available for Hewlett Packard G50
machines using HP-UX. I can't remember the program name, but I have
successfully compiled NEC on it.

I did have a spot of difficulty, similar to above, but specifying a
compiler switch which made all subroutine data static fixed it. Goes
well now.

Any help ?
73,

sringe_at_actrix.gen.nz = Steve Inge, ZL2BDV. Engineering Analyst,
Broadcast Communications Ltd, PO Box 98, Wellington, New Zealand.
Home=9 High St, Island Bay, Wellington, New Zealand.