Re: NEC-LIST: Frames on web page??

From: <bergervo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:49:13 +0100 (MET)

> I have started scanning in Part I and am planning on changing the
> format of Part III. My question is, does any one on the list have a
> problem with frames? I don't plan on going nuts with then but would

Making available part I seems an excellent idea !

The problems with frames are: difficulty with printing and the browser
does not listen to <do not load images on default>. Both these things
can be annoying for people who don't have a super fast connection that
is stand-by all day. If they also have rather small monitor size, the
frames will leave them with very little screen-space to actually see
the information!)

More in general, all scroll-bars and different windows that appear
make things difficult for the user (for instance, search-and-find
fails if the cursor somehow was not in the sub-window where you wanted
to search.)

It would be perfect if you could solve/circumvent all that!

Greetings,
Jos Bergervoet