NEC-LIST: Two problems

From: Xiaowei Shi <shi_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:00:01 +0800

Who can give me some help? I have met two problems.

1. To use NEC to evaluate the current distribution on a perfect
conduct rectangular cylinder, I have subdivided the cylinder into many
surface patch(SP). However, I found that the obtained currents near to
edge of cylinder are quite different from the results of different
method. Can you tell me why?

2. I want to calculate the field at points very near to some surfaces
of the cylinder. If the distance from a point to the surface patch is
much shorter than the side-length of the patch, can NEC give correct
field at that point?

Thanks.

Xiaowei Shi