NEC-LIST: EMC Modeling using Finite Element Method

From: Arnaud Meunier <armeunier_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:26:17 -0700 (PDT)

Dear sirs and ladies

I am a French engineer-student and I am carrying out a training in
Germany.

I have to model electromagnetic fields in a domestic car (in the motor
and in the doors) in order to check later the EMC. The emission
frequencies are up to 10 MHz and the immunity frequencies are up to 1
GHz. The current is up to 400 A, the voltage is up to 50V. There are
wires, cables (in copper) and different components.

I thought about the FINITE ELEMENT METHOD and I am looking on any
information that I could find on Internet (or that you might send by
as attached document) on how to apply this method IN DETAIL AND ON
CONCRETE EXAMPLE. Then, after modelling, I have to think about the
instruments and meters to measure the EM fields on concrete
situations, in order to check if the vehicle fits with the European
directives. So, I would be pleased to receive any information
(internet, files, phones, fax, addresses ...) on these topics :

- FINITE ELEMENT METHODS (actually the most important for me)
- EM field meters and instruments
- European and world wide EMC relevant directives

Thank you very much for your answer
Arnaud Meunier