NEC-LIST: MiniNEC and TwinLead

From: R. P. Haviland <bobh_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:34:51 -0700 (PDT)

I ran into the twinlead anomaly when I was trying to model a two band
quad with transmission switching as the input frequency was changed
(10 and 20m bands to be exact). The currents on the two wires were not
the same, and this occured also with a simple quarter wave stub. I did
find that the two feed simulation gave equal currents, and was busy,
so I never explored reasons. I suspect it is related to the way the
original MiniNEC handled half pulses. You say the currents are ok on
either side of the drive pulse: are they equal and opposite phase
after they "turn the corner" from the shorting segments to the line
itself?

Perhaps w7el has some experience with line modelling.

73 bob