Re: NEC-LIST: Double exponential excitation in NEC (Win NEC Pro)

From: Daniel Dallaire <dallaire.daniel_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:50:09 -0400

At 08:53 AM 6/19/98 , you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>I am using the "Win NEC Pro" and am seeking a way for simulating a
>"double exponential" tranient excitation.
>
>Is there any way to perform such "transient analysis" using this code
>or are there any available (and affordable) codes for PCs?
>
>Your inputs will be most appreciated

I have been working since many year with Nec2, 3 and 4 in computing
transient response of metallic structures. For that, I have developed
small FORTRAN programs to generate normalised "double exponential" and
all kind of transients. I have never worked with "Win NEC Pro", but if
this program permitted to access to an output file like Nec, I think
that it would be easy to use this output file to generate the transfer
function of your system in function of the frequency. When this is
done, the rest will be easy as the programs I have developed will
compute the Fourrier transform of the excitation, then will multiply
it by the transfer function given by your program and convert the
result back in the time domain very easily for all the segments or
some of the segment.

If you are interested, just contact me at: dallaire.daniel_at_tnc-inc.qc.ca

Daniel Dallaire

**************************************
Daniel Dallaire, Ing., M.Sc.A.
President Techno-Cos Inc.

Services de consultation et de recherche scientifique
Interferences et compatibilite electromagnetique

Research and consultation services
Electromagnetic compatibility and interference

C.P. 56, Ste-Julie
Quebec (Canada)
J3X 1X5

Tél.: +1 (450) 649-5638
Fax.: +1 (450) 649-9272
E-mail: <dallaire.daniel_at_tnc-inc.qc.ca>