NEC-LIST: Nec 3 vs Nec 4 and patch antennas?

From: Ed Troy <etroy_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:29:15 -0400

I need to simulate the performance of microstrip patch antennas and
arrays. I am looking for a source of low or reasonably priced
software, and I am wondering about using NEC3 or NEC4 for these
purposes. Does anyone know if these codes are suitable for these
purposes (I know they are primarily intended for wire antennas, but I
know they also have at least limited capabilities for patch antennas
and arrays.)

Ed

                               Ed Troy
                         Aerospace Consulting
                      http://www.aeroconsult.com

RF, Microwave, Analog and DSP design and development. Synthesizers,
Antennas,

Transmitters, Receivers, Proposal Assistance, Circuit Board Layout,

Amplifiers, Simulation, Analysis, Technology Evaluation, GPS
Applications