Re: NEC-LIST: MW Broadcasting Arrays with NEC2

From: George H. Hagn <hagn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 07:56:53 -0400

Sylvio:

My advice is to measure (or have measured) the ground constants at the
site under different conditions of soil moisture. I use my
Open-Wire-Line (OWL) kit for such measurements, and I artificially wet
the soil to near saturation to establish a worst case on max moisture
content. What is your frequency? I have done MF measurements at a
variety of Voice of America (VOA) sites around the world, and maybe
one is close (by soil type) to the case you are interested in. Another
thing to do is model for the different cases of ground constants
available in NEC, and look at the sensitivity of the output to the
differences in input.

(You may need a version of NEC with the SOMNEC (Sommerfeld) subroutine
in it, which only a few versions of NEC-2 have.)

George Hagn