NEC-LIST: Induced voltages

From: Dan Bathker <dab_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:22:08 -0700

Gentlemen

I am a communicator, not a field strength worker. In comm we are
interested in maximum power transfer, hence our practice of matching
Zg and Zl (generator and load impedances). These are made equal (case
of all resistance) or the complex conjugates (case of real and
imaginary parts).

I am concerned (but not certain) that with field strength measurements
maximum power transfer may not be the criterion being satisfied.

I will dig a little deeper and report back.
.
.
Later....
.
.
Called M. Kanda at NIST/Boulder Colorado. He kindly pointed out
"antenna factor" when dealing with field strengths and/or EMC-type
measurements is the ratio of:

         voltage "out" / field strength "in"

and therefore includes all losses including mismatches, and is not to
be confused with power quantities as "area" efficiency or gain as used
with communications and some other antennas.

It follows the units for antenna factor" is meter^+1.

Dan Bathker