NEC-LIST: Physical Meaning of a 1V source.

From: Wai-Yin Shum <shumw_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 18:06:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi:

I used NEC-2 to define an excitation source at a segment of a wire on
finite ground. And, aside from this wire there is nothing else
defined.

What exactly is the physical equivalence of this 1V excitation? In
reality, if you simply place a 1V battery between two pieces of wire
suspended in mid-air, nothing would happen. However, since I'm
getting currents in the simulation, this tells me that I'm not
interpreting the model set up correctly.

Also, is the 1V with respect to the negative end of the wire? the
positive end? the ground?

Finally, if I define 1V excitation at, say, the middle segment. Does
that mean that one end has 0V while the other end has 6V?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.

Wai-Yin Shum