NEC-LIST: Problems in analyzing NEC-2 output files

From: Lim Chee Siong <thservo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:47:39 +0800

Hi,

I am a student. I am doing a project on EMI shielding using a
conducting box. I have tried to model a simple dipole to act as the
source for emitting electromagnectic Interference. I am supposed to
model a shielding box and study the penetation effect. That is, there
should be as little field in the box as possible.

I have constructed 2 input files; one is the source(dipole) and the
other with a small box added. But, when I run the files, the output
radiation field pattern seems to be the same. However, the is a
different in polarization when a box is added. I think this is due to
field scattering by the box.

The input files are as follow:

                FYPT2.NEC -----> file with dipole and box
                FYPT2A.NEC ----> file with only dipole

Some questions:

Is there a limit to the no. of patches used in Multiple Surface
Command(SM)? I cannot construct a larger box. It stop excecuting the
commands when I increase the number of patches.

There is no plotting capabilities in NEC-2. Any software to view the E
field's radition pattern?

How to place the observation pt. inside the box? So that I can know the
peneration effect.

Regards
Chee Siong, Lim

filename="fypt2.nec"