NEC LIST: Newbie with Nec2d

From: moumoug <moumoug_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:40:27 +0100

Bonjour,

I have started using nec2d for pc with part III of the manual and it
is fun ;-) Thanks to all those who made this tool avaible on the net.

I have a few questions:

1) I want to calculate the impedance of the antenna as seen from the
end of a transmission line. Is it ok to use a very short wire, say a
few mm, to connect EX and TL ?

2) In the VHF and UHF range wires have large diameter/length ratio. Is
the use of EK accurate to take care of this from the impedance point
of view ?

3) I am first using it to calculate the impedance of log periodic
antennas for VHF. These are long lpda with optimum Tau and Sigma to
achieve high gain and low SWR. Do you know the accuracy of nec2d for
this case ?

4) The output data is OK for a single frequency. If I sweep across a
band in say twenty steps the output is twenty separate listings and I
must retrieve the data manually. Is there a possibility to get only
an impedance versus frequency table ? It seems that PT-1 does not
suppress the printing of the current.

Thanks,

F6BOM from Britanny, France.