Re: NEC-LIST: About NEC-2 code

From: <bergervo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:34:48 +0100 (MET)

Sender: davem

> ... for your support and sugestion. I succeeded in compiling
> it in my compiler. But the main program gives the error as 'card error" on
> running if we join the load in any segment specially in load type 4.

I can't really comment if I don't know the exact input. For checking
if input is correct, I often use the online-manual for NEC:

  http://members.home.net/nec2 Numerical Electromagnetics Code
                                (online manual)

> The next is it can not be run if we give the linear stepping
> frequency (which is most important for me ) in FR while running
> along with SOMNEC2D.FOR (i.e.sommerfield solution). Is there any
> special idea to run

Somnec2d computes the ground behavior for only one frequency. You
could compute each frequency as a seperate run of Somnec2d and
Nec2d. You would have to make this automatic, by writing a program
that calls the other two programs many times! Maybe there already
exists software that can do this...

Greetings,
Jos

----
Jozef R. Bergervoet                            Electromagnetism and EMC
Philips Research Laboratories,               Eindhoven, The Netherlands
E-mail: bergervo_at_natlab.research.philips.com      Phone: +31-40-2742403