NEC-LIST : bent wire consideration

From: cheekin tan <kcnatan_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:42:34 -0800 (PST)

I am new to the group and possible someone of you have given some
pointers on the above.

I am trying to work on NEC for approximation of the radiation pattern of
bent wire radiator.

I understand that NEC works on straight wire and wire models, however I
have yet to work on any wire model but have looked into the straight
wire problem recently.

The problem that I am facing is the approximation of the charge
density or current distribution on the segment, when the bent is
asymmetrical. In straight wire the segments can be defined and there
will be no crossing of radiation between segment when the number of
segments are within the recommended segment length to radius
ratio. Please comment if I have make a mistake in this statement.

In a bent wire the source point may be near each other as the angle
that is formed between the two or more adjacent segments may a acute
angle that may cause inteference to the radistion pattern. I hope
that you can have a thought and possibly refer me to some sources and
pointers.

Thanks N regards
Tan Chee Kin