Re: NEC-LIST: cross field antennas

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:46:12 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/11/99 2:14:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
paulmoody_at_onaustralia.com.au writes:

<< The antenna has been tested at varying heights above ground from
 .05 to 1.5 wavelengths at a fixed frequency with no discernable
 change in input impedance. (using RF bridge at antenna feed point)
 However signal reports and field strength readings confirmed
 isotropic nature of radiation / reception.

 All test antennas cut for HF frequencies.

 Having said all of that I would point out that the match at 377 ohms
 seems to be critical and the matching transformer I use seems to only
 give me 10% BW even into my resistive 377 dummy load I built to test
 into.

 Can anyone point me at a resource for building a 50 to 377 broadband
 m >>

Paul--

Even an isotropic radiator becomes anisotropic outside of free space;
above ground at the heights you mention you will definitely NOT have
an isotropic radiator. Do you mean omni in azimuth instead?

No mention of field strengths in your post....hmmm. Why not?

73
Chip N1IR