Re: NEC-LIST: cross field antennas

From: paul moody <paulmoody_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:25:35 +1100

Hi Jack,

        possibly I am dreaming but it seems to work. My reference to
the 'additional element' is cryptic and I do work on the KISS
principle.

I dont have any longwires whatsoever ( too boring ). I do have a 6
foot loop for 80m but that was lying on the garage floor so I dont
think that had much impact. Ha.

The operation of the antenna does not seem to be impacted unless a
conductor is placed within 1 meter of a plate ( ie I have found that
feed coax must be perpendicular to plane of lower plate / cylinder. )

I tried the 'standard' balun designs but unless the balanced output
impedance is very close to 377 ohms the performance is poor. ( why
... I dont know yet )

I will keep persisting.

Cheers.